Woohoo, it’s summertime!! Summer days = lots of time with family and friends, lazy days of reading, time to just play, be silly and chill out. Of course, after a few weeks of summer, the kids start getting ornery and they need to be, uh, challenged and given some things to do. Here are ten fun things that I’m planning on doing with my kids this summer.
1. Make Lava Lamps by Juggling with Kids
It’s easy, it’s cheap, and it can be done with things around the house and doesn’t take 3 weeks to complete. My favorite kind of project.
2. Q-tip Art by La Classe della maestra Valentina (Use google translate)
So simple, so pretty, so much potential to keep them busy for hours.
3. Make bigger, badder, cooler bubbles.
Make Your Own Pretty Bubble Wands – Use Copper Wire and old beads.
Go here to read about how you can make gigantico bubbles and what you need to get the big bublbes. And make giant bubbles to go with it, recipe by designdazzle.blogspot.com
5. For Star Wars Fans – make a Stormtrooper Helmet out of a milk jug. Why not? Idea by Handmade Charlotte
8. Throw some glow sticks in the tub and let them play in glowing bubbles.
10. Got a hill? Make a homemade slip and slide by taping together a couple of large tarps. Hook up a couple sprinklers, spread dish soap all over it for super slipperiness, get some inflatable pool toys to belly flop onto. Check out this monstrous slip and slide in Vail:
SJPmama is the schemer, founder, and the editor at San Juan Parent. She created San Juan Parent because she wanted to find fun activities for families in the San Juan Mountain Region that would tire her kids out and make them go to bed at a decent hour. She has been banging away on computers for longer than she can remember and freelances at various tech jobs. She considers herself extremely lucky to have such awesome friends and family who are willing to let SJP feature their stories on the interwebs.